Every four years, the Special Olympics USA Games unites more than one hundred thousand athletes, coaches, volunteers and fans from all 50 states. In June 2026, the Games will be held in Minnesota. Featuring competition in 19 Olympic-type sports, the USA Games shine a light on the abilities and strengths of people with intellectual disabilities.
The Mission of the 2026 Special Olympics USA Games is to create an inclusive event that celebrates ABILITY, delivers the highest quality experiences for all stakeholders, and leaves a lasting legacy of positive change in Minnesota.
Meet the Leadership Team
Discover the leaders guiding the 2026 Special Olympics USA Games.
The Board of Directors for the 2026 Special Olympics USA Games is a volunteer group composed of business leaders, nonprofit leaders, and athlete representatives that are responsible for determining internal policies and dedicated to ensuring the success of the Games! Click below to read more about each member.
The 2026 Special Olympics USA Games is led by an Executive Leadership Team with broad corporate and nonprofit experience who support the ongoing growth and development of the USA Games. As leaders, we believe in the power of sports to bring people together, break down barriers, and celebrate each person’s unique talents. Click below to read more about each member.
The 2026 Special Olympics USA Games Athlete Advisory Council was formed in 2022 to gain athlete insights on the overall USA Games experience. The Council provides feedback, guidance, and ideas to the USA Games Board of Directors and the Leadership Team as we prepare for one of the largest sporting events in the country in 2026! Click below to read more about each member.
Highlights from Previous USA Games
2022 USA Games
- 5,500+ athletes from all 50 states and the Caribbean competing in 19 Olympic-type sports
- Opening Ceremony held at Exploria Stadium, produced by Disney Live Entertainment and featured performances by Sara Bareilles
- Many sports were hosted at the ESPN Wide World of Sports
- Cheerleading recognized as a competitive sport for the first time in USA Games history
- Sponsors included Jersey Mike’s as Presenting Partner, Disney as Host Partner and ESPN as the Global Broadcast Partner
2018 USA Games
- 4,000+ athletes competing in 14 Olympic-type sports
- Opening Ceremony held at Husky Stadium, featured performances by Ann Wilson and Charlie Puth
- Venues included the University of Washington, Seattle University, Celebration Park and more
- Stand up paddle boarding debuted as a competitive sport
- Key partners were Microsoft, Bank of America, Coca-Cola and ESPN, among many others
2014 USA Games
- 3,500+ athletes competing in 16 Olympic-type sports
- Opening Ceremony hosted at Prudential Center in Newark
- Events held at The College of New Jersey, Princeton University, Rider University and other prestigious locations
- Triathlon event held for the first time in Special Olympics history
- Founding partners included Barnabas Health, Shop Rite, Toys R Us, WWE and more